Statement of Purpose/Mission:
“To provide a safe environment on the streets throughout The Bahama Islands using education, enforcement and engineering to enable all Road users to travel in confidence, free from fear of death or injury.”
The Goal of the National Road Safety Committee:
To save lives, reduce serious consequences of injury and facilitate recovery.
- To formulate strategies aimed at reducing road related injuries and fatalities.
- To ensure a collaborative approach to address Road Safety.
- To encourage public participation and acquire views regarding improved regulations and the enforcement of road traffic rules and regulations.
- To encourage and promote best practices by road users.
- To make recommendations to amend the laws, regulations, policies and other measures the committee deem necessary for implementation by the Government of The Bahamas.